These hikes are readily accessible from Bend, Redmond, Prineville and the surrounding areas, they have been well traveled by yours truly and yours truly’s dog. We are in the process of loading more hikes from our archive of hikes, so consider this a growing endeavor.
Here is a sampling of hiking stories and snappy photos for you to enjoy. More stories will be added regularly and routinely, so check back often.
Central Oregon Hikes
- Rimrock Springs WMA
- Metolius II
- Patjens Lakes Loop
- Tam-a-lau Trail at Cove Palisades
- Chimney Rock along the Lower Crooked River
- Badlands Wilderness Area – Flatiron Trail
- Alder Springs Trail – Near Sisters
- Steins Pillar Hiking Trail – Ochoco National Forest
New Day Trips:
- Blue Basin Overlook Trail – John Day Fossil Beds
- Fort Rock – Lake County
- Clear Lake Loop Trail
- McKenzie River Falls Loop Trail